Breakups are not easy, and they can leave you with a broken heart and anger. Everyone handles breakups differently, but here are a few tips on what can help you deal with one:
- Allow yourself to cry and express the emotions you are feeling.
- Talk about your feelings to loved ones who can comfort you. You can also contact counsellors for help.
- Take time to figure out what worked and what didn’t.
- Do things for yourself e.g. journal, exercise, take walks and listen to music
- Do things to hurt your ex just because you are hurt!
- Post negative comments about your ex on social media.
- Stalk their social media to see what they are doing. This will only hurt you.
- Use alcohol or take drugs to cope with your feelings.
- Keep things bottled up inside. Find someone to talk to or talk to a counsellor.
Talking to someone about how you feel after a breakup can make the experience a bit easier. The counsellors at loveLife are available to support you. Reach out to them for free advice and guidance.:
There are certain red flags to look out for when dating. Find out what they are here.
What’s the difference between sex and love? Check out this article for answers.